Categories: General Date: Nov 6, 2011 Title: Cu.be presented at FrOScon 2011 and T-Dose 2011
We recently presented a tutorial at FrOSCon 2011 in Bonn, Germany on Aug 20, 2011. The tutorial was titled 'Caching and tuning fun for high scalability' and was presented by Wim Godden.
We also presented a shortened version of this tutorial as a 50min session at T-Dose 2011 in Eindhoven, Germany.
The tutorial discussed the following topics (and a lot more) :
- General introduction into caching (what it is, what types of caching techniques there are, etc.)
- Some common caching implementations (the good, the bad and the ugly)
- How to keep your site scalable by caching
- How to bring down your site (how NOT to cache !) - i.e. commonly used techniques that lead to disaster
- Caching outside the box
- Spread, don't duplicate
- Scalable alternatives to LAMMP (no, not a typo !)
- Applying Varnish
- Backend done, let's go frontend !
- Tuning quickies
- Finally, a live demo with all of the described techniques applied while performing a stress-test