Senior PHP Developer
What you’ll be doing… mostly… (aka “Job description”)
- Writing PHP code (too obvious ?), both for our customers as well as internal tools for ourselves or our partners
- Working with Linux (mostly) and Windows (rarely) servers : setting them up, tuning them for performance, automating deployment, …
- Helping and coaching junior developers, so they can become at least just as good
- Coming up with the craziest ideas (we like crazy, because crazy ideas is what set us apart from the rest !)
- Enjoying your job ! There’s no point in doing a job you don’t like… people who love their job do things a lot more efficient and better
What information should be in your brain (aka “Required knowledge/experience”)
- You should be fluent in PHP 8 and all its aspects, including (but most certainly not limited to) Object Oriented Development, namespacing, SPL, etc.
- You should NOT be a pure Drupal/Joomla/Mambo/… developer. We build applications on large frameworks, not on top of CMS systems
- Symfony, Laravel or Laminas should be on your daily usage list. If MVC sounds like a new Chinese car brand to you and DI sounds like a British princess, then you’re in the wrong place
- Your idea of version control is not making a copy of File.php to File.php.1 – you know how to use Git and know how to branch, tag, merge, rebase, etc.
- FTP sounds like the worst possible thing for deployment… but you used it yesterday to help out a customer
- You love TDD and CI, you don’t want to work without IDE-integrated CodeSniffer and you love typing /** just to help your future self remember what you were doing
- Linux is your prefered choice for server deployment and you know there’s a webserver other than Apache
- Your English is good enough to have a technical discussion. You’re a native Dutch or French speaker or keen to learn
What’s in your goodie bag (aka “What we offer”)
- A challenging job… trust us, you’ll be challenged to the limit !
- An exciting job… you’ll get to play with technologies you’ve never worked with… and with existing technologies in ways you’ve never thought of
- A monthly salary similar to market standards
- Extralegal benefits of various sorts (no we won’t spoil the fun of telling you in person)
- Regular visits to conferences in and outside Europe
- No 9-to-5 job, but a you-give-you-receive job
- Partially on-site, partially work-from-home (the company average is 2 days/week at the office)
- Being a part of a great team and a fantastic future !
Apply below !
Become a part of our team!
At Cu.be you will work with the most talented developers, the funniest colleagues, and the best storytellers.
Join us in translating business into IT
At Cu.be we always have room for fresh talents. Talents that want to blow away colleagues and customers with their work. Talents that challenge and want to be challenged. Is that you? Or do you want to be? Then apply with us!